11.22.2010

I'm thankful for....

Long before the first holiday turkey was purchased at the grocery store, retailers had been ready to go for the Christmas season.  Last week, in Target, I heard Christmas music playing as the final touches on the displays were placed.  On my way to work today, our local station had their Christmas carols playing...and I actually kept the station on and sang along....for a girl who used to wait until the last minute to put up a tree, this is very very strange behavior!  :)

I've been sitting here...thinking long and hard about all I'm so very thankful for this year and here it is, not in any particular order: 

  • I'm thankful that I've more or less kept my sanity.  Notice how I said more or less....I realize I do still have a bit of nuttiness in me and really, that's probably going to an endearing character trait for life. 
  • I'm thankful to be the mother of two amazingly wonderful children. 
  • I'm thankful for the roof above my head and a job to support the mortgage of that home
  • I'm thankful for the career path I'm on right now and for our association maintaining ACCME accreditation!  that was a BIG weight off my shoulders to have passed that hurdle!!!
  • I'm thankful for my siblings - for their support, for their never ending source of love and inspiration, for their humor and all around wonderfulness!
  • I'm thankful I still have both my parents - and look forward to creating more memories with them
  • I'm thankful for all my fantastic and loving friends... you all have been super amazing and I'm so happy to have you all in my life
  • I'm thankful for good wine ;)
  • I'm thankful for chocolate chip cookies on a bad day
With all this in my mind and heart, I'm looking forward to another holiday season of memories and family.  Again, my children will express their joy and love this Christmas through home made gifts of cards, cookies and crafts.  We'll decorate our home together, setting up the tree and I'll even let them put the ornaments anywhere they want (very hard to do for someone like me).

If I don't post again this week...have a very, very happy thanksgiving!  I love you all very much!

No comments: