1.22.2015

Four Decades

My 40th birthday is in 4 days and I'm reflecting on four decades.

In 40 years, I became a big sister ...4 times.  I've lived in 4 states.  I lived in another country.  I've traveled to numerous countries and across the US.  I made lifelong friends and lost track of others.  I watched my family fall apart - watched my mother struggle with alcoholism and my father battle mental illness and the effect of PTSD.  I dated different guys, met one whom I married.  Had 2 children, divorced, met the love of my life and realized that I won't be married again.

I've made amazing choices...I've made devastatingly terrible decisions.

And, now...I'm wondering where I want things to go.  How do I want the rest of my life to go?  What do I want to leave as my legacy?


No comments: