7.11.2011

All I Asked For....So Why Do I Feel Abandoned?

Last week was life changing - and I'm now on this journey I really never believed was going to come my way.  My family and friends have been amazingly supportive, and there are a select few who are pushing me to do more counseling (which I don't believe would help), talk to their Pastor (because mine isn't good enough??), pray harder (since I'm evidently not praying).  With all the love and support, I still feel so crazy alone right now. 
I'm a bit frustrated because when it all settles, he will be able to go back to the life he was leading while we were married - all his time at bars, all the people he's met, he will have options for companionship, whether its a full relationship or to just satisfy an itch.  Me, on the other hand...not so much. 
My first weekend without my kids was unbearable.  Honestly I didn't want to get off my couch at one point - but divine intervention brought a friend to my door and I had a friendly face to keep me company so that the time went by faster.  It's hard not to crave attention and companionship right now, when my ego is more bruised than I thought it would be. 
So, here I am...with a hopeful heart and unclouded mind.  I'm wishing for an easy transition from the old life into the new life.  I pray hard that my kids will forgive me someday, because right now, I'm the super bad guy.  I need something to hold on to which will remind me that this decision is the right one for us - that it was an ultimate act of bravery to make the change I needed to make.  I am looking for another sign to come my way to keep me on the path to happiness.................

No comments: